Friends of the Kimbel Library
About the Friends of the Kimbel Library
The Friends of the Kimbel Library support the educational mission of the university through the development of the Kimbel Library and the Bryan Information Commons. The Friends of the Kimbel Library promote the library by providing an understanding of the role of the library in education, by encouraging donations to the library, and by assisting with exhibits, programs and other activities that support the mission of the library. The Friends partner with the library in fundraising activities and outreach to the university and local community.
The Friends of the Kimbel Library support student success by advocating for the library and by working to make the library a partner in community engagement.
Friends provide the vital link between the university library and the community. Friends can assist the library through attendance at library events, assisting with event planning and outreach to the community, engaging potential donors and developing fundraising activities for the library.
All friends receive the following benefits:
- Advance notice of library events and exhibits
- Invitations to special friends-only events
- Kimbel Library borrowing privileges
- Recognition in the library’s annual report
Become a Friend of the Kimbel Library
You can join the Friends of the Kimbel Library by completing the secure online form, or by filling out our membership brochure (PDF) and mailing it to the CCU Office for Philanthropy, Post Office Box 261954, Conway, SC 29528-6054. Please make any checks out to the "Coastal Educational Foundation."
The Kimbel Library appreciates donations of any amount. For more information about making a donation to the Kimbel Library, please contact Kimberley Gomez, Project Coordinator for Philanthropy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843.349.5038.
Ask about becoming a Friends board member!
Ten Reasons You Should Become a Friend
- Friends promote collaboration and cooperation.
- Friends provide opportunities for networking. Act local, think global.
- Friends can assist with marketing and promoting the library.
- Friends can offer opportunities for fundraising.
- Friends can lift up the library.
- Friends can celebrate the library.
- Friends can speak in support of the library.
- Friends can maximize professional development and involvement.
- Friends can provide a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- The Friends' mission is strongly aligned with the academic library’s mission.
(Adapted from Charles D. Hanson's Academic Library Friends: A Toolkit for Getting Started - You Can Do This!)