Getting Started with Distance Learning
Finding Distance Learning Courses
Each semester, Coastal Carolina University offers select distance learning courses.
- Visit WebAdvisor.
- At the WebAdvisor Main Menu, select "Students."
- Under Registration, select "Search for Sections."
- At the Search for Sections page for current students, choose the desired term in the Term drop-down menu and "Distance Learning" in the Location drop-down menu.
For specific information about each distance course, contact the course instructor or department.
For more distance learning courses, visit Coastal's distance learning partners at the Southern Regional Education Board's (SREB's) Electronic Campus.
Is Distance Learning Right for Me?
Though distance learning provides increased flexibility, it requires personal skills such as self-discipline, organization, and time management. This eight-question Distance Learning self-assessment survey helps determine if distance learning is right for you. Please remember, however, that it is only a guide. You are ultimately the only person who can decide whether or not you would like to pursue your education via distance learning:
Current Coastal students may skip to the "Register" step.
- Apply for Admission: If you are not currently a student at Coastal Carolina University, visit our Admissions web site to download the appropriate admissions application. If you are not sure what your application status would be visit the Categories of Admission page. You must be admitted as a student before you can proceed with advisement or registration.
- Complete the enrollment process: Once accepted to Coastal Carolina University, visit the Admissions Office Enrollment Process page for further instruction. The enrollment process varies depending on your admission status.
- Register: Registration varies depending on your admission status and major. Visit the Office of the Registrar website for more information on registration.
- Buy your books: You may buy your books online at Coastal Carolina University's official online bookstore.
- Contact your instructor: You should contact the instructor of your distance learning course the week prior to the first day of class. Some Distance Learning classes require one or more on-campus class meetings. Please refer to the course description in WebAdvisor for additional information.
Additional important information
For information on this semester's tuition and fees for distance learning courses, please view the Student Accounts website.
Some courses have prerequisites such as additional courses, hardware, and/or software. Please view the course description in WebAdvisor before enrolling in any course.
Distance Learning Orientation and Student Support
Orientation and support resources for distance learning students can be found in this research guide.