The Office of Lifespan Studies supports students with field experiences, international research and educational opportunities, internships, scholarships, networking opportunities with Gerontology professionals, community service learning experiences, and education and research opportunities in a variety of interdisciplinary aging fields. Ultimately this exposure enhances students' opportunities for fulfilling excellent learning experiences, rewarding careers, and positive contributions to the communities they serve.
The Office of Lifespan Studies is located within the College of Natural & Applied Sciences (CNAS) and consists of faculty and students who are interested in promoting the quality of life of persons across the life course. The office supports interdisciplinary and collaborative programs such as the Certificate Program in Gerontology, internships, multidisciplinary curriculum development, programs and services. The Office of Lifespan Studies promotes and facilitates collaborations that foster student and faculty interactions within the college and across academic discipline boundaries and the community to advance Coastal Carolina University's mission and goals. Such collaborative efforts are necessary in meeting the growing demands within the community for professionals with gerontology specializations and skill sets.
Thus, the major goals of the Office of Lifespan Studies are to help facilitate and support:
1) Academic training and experiences for students in gerontological studies that lead to rewarding careers.
2) Interactions among faculty across disciplinary boundaries that foster collaborative relationships for research projects and curriculum development in aging.
3) A one-stop center that cultivates peer-reviewed interdisciplinary 'aging' research and effective teaching.
Other Important Links
- College of Science
- Health Promotion - Kinesiology
- Conway Chamber of Commerce
- Link to LIfelong Learning
66.0° / 19.0° C