iQUIT to LiVEWELL @ CCU
iQuit, an eight-week smoking cessation program, is offered to interested Coastal Carolina University faculty and staff. There will be no charge to faculty and staff who wish to participate in the program.
The program was launched by the American Lung Association in 1980. Although the original model for this program has been modified and changed somewhat over the years, it has helped hundreds of thousands of smokers quit. CCU has trained and certified facilitators who will be used to facilitate this training.
The program is designed to:
- Provide participants a systematic approach to quitting with a logical progression from awareness of smoking dependence to actual behavior change.
- The program has a positive focus. It emphasizes the benefits of better health and improved lifestyle habits as well as mastery of one’s own life. The activities and assignments provide individuals who smoke with proven strategies for changing their behavior and lifestyle.
- This program also includes maintenance strategies for staying smoke-free including an array of online resources.
- The program is also realistic about the chance of relapse for participants.
- It conforms to the adopted smoking cessation counseling or advice core measures of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations for the quality of care for those who use tobacco.
In addition to our in-house cessation assistance program, below you will find a list of community resources available for employees.
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Conway Medical Center
- Make Smoking History
- Mayo Clinic
- SC Tobacco Quitline
- South Carolina Department of Health & Environmental Control
- How to Approach a Tobacco User
- iQuit for Employees
- iQuit for Students
- iQuit Registration
- Tobacco-Free Facts
- Tobacco-Free Policy