Staying Healthy @ CCU
Take time for your health! Being healthy and safe requires a commitment, but it doesn’t have to be time-consuming. Take a few minutes a day to be intentional about living a healthier and safer life.
Eat a variety of fruits, vegetables and whole grains every day.
Limit foods and drinks high in calories, sugar, salt, fat and alcohol.
Eat a balanced diet to help keep a healthy weight.
Be active for at least 2½ hours a week. Include activities that raise your breathing and heart rate, and strengthen your muscles.
- Wear helmets, seat belts, sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Wash hands to stop the spread of germs.
- Avoid smoking and breathing smoke from smokers.
- Build safe and healthy relationships with family and friends.
- Be ready for emergencies. Make a supply kit. Make a plan. Be informed.
- Balance work, home and play.
- Get support from family and friends.
- Stay positive.
- Take time to relax.
- Get 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night.
- Get help or counseling if needed.
Be proactive about your health.
- Ask a medical provider how you can lower your chances for health problems based on your lifestyle, and personal and family health histories.
- Find out what exams, tests and immunizations you need and when to get them.
- See your medical provider when you are sick, have pain, notice changes or have problems with medicine.
Join us by promoting a healthy environment for all Coastal students, faculty and staff.
Student Health Links
- After Hour Care
- Appointments & Hours
- Clinical Dietitian at CCU
- Forms and Downloads
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Beach Safety
- College Health
- National Eating Disorders Association
- Not Right Now SC
- Skin Cancer Prevention