As part of the national Red Flag Campaign, Coastal Carolina University will display red flags all over campus on April 8-12 for Sexual Assault/Sexual Health Awareness Week. The campaign enlists hundreds of colleges across the country to schedule events designed to raise public awareness about dating violence. It also encourages bystanders of violent or derogatory acts to speak out, and touts the slogan, "If you see a red flag, say something."
Schedule of events:
Monday, April 8
* The Red Flag Campaign begins with a campuswide office-decorating competition to be judged throughout the day.
* The Clothesline Project is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Prince Lawn. Students will create
T-shirts with statements supporting victims of sexual abuse. The shirts will then be hung on clotheslines around campus and displayed throughout the week.
Tuesday, April 9
* The Clothesline Project will be held from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Prince Lawn.
* A "Very Special" Teal Tuesday -- wear a teal ribbon to make a stand against sexual violence.
Wednesday, April 10
* The Clothesline Project will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Prince Lawn.
* "Sister Circle," a program on the topic of relationships, will be presented by the Women's Resource Cooperative at 7 p.m. in room 307 of the E. Craig Wall Sr. College of Business Administration.
* Office-decorating competition winners announced.
Thursday, April 11
* The White Ribbon Project, men standing up against sexual assault, will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Prince Lawn.
* Sexual Health Awareness Fair, sponsored by Women and Gender Studies, will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. on Prince Lawn.
* "Invisible Scars," a presentation on abuse and dating violence, will be held at 6 p.m. in room 309 of the E. Craig Wall Sr. College of Business Administration.
The event is sponsored by the University's Counseling Services and the Campus Assault Resource and Education Support (C.A.R.E.S.) Coalition. For more information on Sexual Assault/Sexual Health Awareness Week, contact Chris Donevant-Haines in Counseling Services at 843-349-5022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.