Coastal Carolina University's Volunteer Services is hosting the first annual Peace Week from April 15 to 20. All events are free and open to the public.
From yoga to Open Mic Night, Peace Week encompasses a variety of events organized by CCU's Tea & Ethics program (Jackson Center for Ethics and Values), Campus Recreation, Counseling Services, Multicultural Student Services and TOMS Club.
The objective of Peace Week is to provide an opportunity for students, faculty, staff and the community to celebrate diversity while raising awareness of the need for global justice and equality.
The full schedule is as follows.
Monday, April 15
• Yoga Class on Blanton Circle, noon to 1 p.m. (rain location HTC Center)
• Insights from World Religions: Living in Love, featuring a presentation by Rabbi Deborah Slavitt, 4:30 p.m., Lackey Chapel
Tuesday, April 16
• Toms Day without Shoes, noon to 3 p.m., Prince Lawn
• Start Something That Matters, 6 to 8 p.m., Wall 317
Love your work, work for what you love, and change the world, all at the same time. Gather insight into TOMS creator Blake Mycoskie's story and enjoy a discussion panel of proactive community partners.
• Asian Awareness, 7 p.m., Johnson Auditorium
The Atlanta Chinese Dance Company presents an evening of traditional Chinese dance.
Thursday, April 18
• Community Conversation with Jim Rogers
"Home is Where the Start Is," 4:30 p.m., Johnson Auditorium: Rogers, an expert on effective parenting, talks about the important on the quality of environment on the development of infants.
• Grand Strand Coffee House Open Mic Night, 9 p.m. to midnight, Grand Strand Activity House
Saturday, April 20
• The Great Day of Service, presentation from 10 to 11 a.m., Johnson Auditorium
Some 100 volunteers will gather for a presentation before separating to serve community partners in the area. Volunteers will be provided free transportation to site, lunch and T-shirt.
Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. The service is from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information contact Nicole Cozzi at firstname.lastname@example.org.