A series of science presentations by faculty members of Coastal Carolina University's College of Natural and Applied Sciences will be held Tuesday, Feb. 15 throughout Horry and Georgetown counties.
Covering a wide variety of topics from biology to sociology, the events begin at 7 p.m. and are free and open to the public. For more information, call 349-2202.
Tuesday's events are:
- "Swimming Advisories on Grand Strand Beaches: What Causes These?" led by Joe Bennett
Location: CCU Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts, room 257
- "Designing Your Next Generation of Medications" led by Paul Richardson
Location: CCU Higher Education Center at Myrtle Square Mall, room 126
- "The Bus from Hell Hole Swamp: Commuting to Work in Myrtle Beach" led by Susan Webb
Location: J. Bryan Floyd Community Center, North Myrtle Beach
- "Icebergs, Whales, Penguins and More: An Introduction to Antarctica" led by Steve Berkowitz
Location: Loris Center for Health and Fitness
- "Mercury: Is It on Our Dinner Plates?" led by Jane Guentzel
Location: Waccamaw Higher Education Center in Litchfield, room 109