Ten area residents have been named to the Coastal Educational Foundation (CEF) Board of Directors. They include:
- Larry Biddle, of Conway, founder and president of Jostens Renaissance, is a former chair of the Board of Visitors for the Spadoni College of Education.
- Robert H. Brooks, of Loris, is the CEO and founder of Eastern Foods, Inc., creators of the Naturally Fresh line of products, and chairman of Hooters of America, Inc.
- David Douglas of Aynor, is a managing member and CEO of Douglas Development, LCC. He previously served on the Board of Visitors for the E. Craig Wall Sr. College of Business Administration.
- Robin Edwards of Myrtle Beach is a member of the Board of Visitors of the Thomas W. and Robin W. Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts, which was named for Edwards and her late husband. She has been active with the Grand Strand Auxiliary, Friends of Brookgreen Gardens and the Huntington Society of Brookgreen Gardens.
- Carl Falk of Pawleys Island, founder and president of Global Trading Web and a member of the Lowcountry Food Bank Board of Directors, Habitat for Humanity of Georgetown County and the Board of Visitors for Coastal's Edwards College.
- Keith C. Hinson of Myrtle Beach, owner and president of Waccamaw Land & Timber Co. and former chair of the Wall Board of Visitors.
- B. Durwood Owens Jr. of Lexington is division president of U.S. Foodservice.
- Joseph F. Singleton of Conway is a lawyer with Singleton, Burroughs & Young.
- Brenda Spadoni Urquhart is a former member of Coastal's Spadoni College of Education, which was named for her family.
- Dennis L. Wade of Myrtle Beach is president and CEO of the Jackson companies.
The Coastal Educational Foundation, Inc., is a nonprofit corporation which receives and disburses charitable gifts in support of Coastal Carolina University. The foundation was established in 1954 for the purpose of advancing higher learning in Horry County and was instrumental in the creation of Coastal. The foundation meets quarterly.