||A dancer with the Adande African Drum and Dance Co. performs during last year's Cultural Celebration.
The 14th Annual Cultural Celebration featuring ethnic entertainment, arts and crafts and food, is scheduled for Wednesday, April 6 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the Prince Lawn at Coastal Carolina University. This year's theme is "Unique People on Common Ground."
The annual festival is free and open to the public. Food and merchandise will be offered for sale. In case of rain, the Cultural Celebration will take place on April 13 at the same times and location.
A tentative schedule for the day's entertainment follows:
- 11 a.m. Carolina Forest Elementary School ensemble
- 11:30 a.m. Adande African Drum and Dance Co.
- Noon Carolina Forest Elementary School ensemble
- 12:30 p.m. Hispanic Americano Club
- 1 p.m. Scottish bagpipe player Christoph Kresse
- 1:30 p.m. Adande African Drum and Dance Co.
Arts and crafts booths will include books, Greek items and African-American arts and jewelry. Food vendors will offer cuisine from Mexico and Columbia, South America. Tables will be set up for Coastal student groups to showcase various cultures and countries.
For more information, contact Coastal's Office of Student Activities at 349-2301.