Coastal Carolina University's Lifelong Learning is sponsoring a free five-week series on "Smart Aging" to be held at Webster University at 4589 Oleander Drive in Myrtle Beach on Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to noon, Oct. 24 to Nov. 28.
Several accomplished health care professionals provide valuable information on a number of issues facing all residents.
* Oct. 24 - Cathy Fountain on "Aging in Place" - With 30 years nursing experience, Fountain works with the Pilot Club Foundation that serves seniors.
* Oct. 31 - Rick Wasserman on "Power Agers"
* Nov. 7 - Wayne Mumford and Greg McAvoy on "Estate Planning Documents You Can't Live Without" - They are with the law firm of McCutchen, Mumford, Vaught, O'Dea & Geddie, P.A.
* Nov. 14 - Jonathan Kresken on "The Benefits of Giving" - Kresken is president/executive director of the Waccamaw Community Foundation.
* Nov. 28 - Rick Wasserman on Integrative Medicine
The series was created by Wasserman, CSA, the South Carolina co-chair and spokesperson for the National Patient Advocate Foundation. A member of the Society of Certified Senior Advisors, he is on the board of directors of the Coastal Center for Mind-Body Therapies and a patient liaison and Certified Reiki Practitioner for Conway Health Care.
For more information, call 349-4001 or 349-4003.