Coastal Carolina University presents "Eating Concerns Awareness Week: Every BODY is Beautiful" in an effort to raise awareness of good nutrition, positive body image and healthy exercise, beginning Monday, Feb. 25 and ending on Friday, Feb. 29. The week of awareness features nightly events, which are free and open to Coastal students.
* Monday, Feb. 25: The first activity in the series, the Every BODY is Beautiful fair, on Prince Lawn from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. will feature a fire pit for making "healthy" s'mores and burning clothes tags, as well as games, trivia and poster contests, free food and t-shirts and more. This event is co-sponsored by the CCU Counseling Services and the peer educators program, Students Helping Others Reach Excellence (SHORE).
* Monday, Feb. 25: The movie "Hairspray" will be shown in the Wall Auditorium at 7, 9 and 11 p.m. The feature presentation is sponsored by the Coastal Productions Board.
* Tuesday, Feb. 26: CCU dietitian Wendy Kiggins will lead a Grocery Store Field Trip, where she will conduct a tour of the grocery store, teaching participants how to find the best nutritional options, read labels and more. To sign up, call 349-2305.
* Wednesday, Feb. 27: CCU Campus Recreation presents a Triathlon Clinic at 6:30 p.m. in room 114 of the Williams-Brice building. Students will prepare for CCU's triathlon scheduled for April 20, and will receive assistance with training.
* Wednesday, Feb. 27: A Crash Dance Class will be conducted on the Wheelwright Auditorium stage from 6 to 7:30 p.m. The dance lesson is co-sponsored
by CCU Campus Recreation and SHORE.
* Thursday, Feb. 28: Bingo night will begin at 10 p.m. in The Commons, featuring healthy food/body image prizes. The event is sponsored by the Coastal Productions Board.
* Friday, Feb. 29: CCU Counseling Services, SHORE, and CCU Athletics present LEAP and Sweep from 3 to 5 p.m. at the beach on 64th Ave. N. in Myrtle Beach. Students will sweep the beach and play football and soccer with the CCU football and soccer teams.
For more information call CCU Counseling Services at 349-2305.