Registration is under way for 150 courses offered through the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Coastal Carolina University. The "second spring" term begins in early March and extends through mid-May at five locations: the Foundation Center on U.S. 501 in Conway, the J. Bryan Floyd Recreation Center in North Myrtle Beach, Webster University in Myrtle Beach, the Waccamaw Higher Education Center in Litchfield and the Georgetown Higher Education Center.
A variety of courses are offered in such categories as:
* Art - drawing, pastel portraiture, watercolor, oil, stained glass, rug hooking, Gullah dollmaking
* Photography - digital photography and photo processing, as well as Photoshop Safari workshops that combine outdoor shoots and indoor computer training
* Computer technology - courses for beginners and intermediates in a variety of computer applications from e-mail to eBay, Quick Books to PowerPoint
* History & Government - The Holy Land, Golden Age of Radio, Old Time Belles and Cavaliers, China, And the President Is ...
* Music - Vivaldi, Mahler, opera, vocal workshops for choirs, Starshine Performance Training
* Film - spiritual cinema
* Literature & Writing - book clubs, Chaucer, Shakespeare, creative writing, memoir writing, poetry
* Personal Growth & Skill Development - bridge, yoga, line dancing, grant writing, metaphysical roundtable, handwriting analysis, genealogy, positive thinking, leadership, driver safety
* Science & Nature - gardening, virtual travel on the Intracoastal Waterway, and Friday excursions to exceptional destinations
The updated OLLI Web site lists all of the new courses with instructions on how to register. A weekly newsletter is posted on the Web site announcing courses beginning in the coming week, as well as extracurricular events and activities of interest to lifelong learners of all ages. For a complete listing of the courses, visit www.coastal.edu/olli, or call 349-4001 or 349-4030.