|| "Meghan Norman, " Detail from " 'Aquaria' " painting installation, oil on canvas on wood, 2008. Image courtesy of the artist.
Two exhibitions featuring the work of graduating art students will open Monday, April 21 at Coastal Carolina University's Rebecca Randall Bryan Gallery. The exhibits are free and open to the public. "Portfolios I & II: Spring 2008" feature the art and design of a total of 23 seniors in the Department of Visual Arts.
"Portfolios I" runs April 21 through 28, with the opening reception on Monday, April 21 from 4:30 until 6:30 p.m.
Artists in "Portfolios I" are:
- Jeremy Alford of Conway
- Brittany Boone of Charlotte, N.C.
- Jolene Castro of Myrtle Beach
- Jeffrey Conner of Myrtle Beach
- Kristy Dimaio of Washingtonville, N.Y.
- Christopher Gordon of Richmond, Va.
- Crystal Griffith of Andrews
- Andrea Hendrix of Laurinburg, N.C.
- Dawn Hodges of Conway
- Kelly Jenack of Fairport, N.Y.
- Michael Lally of Merritt Island, Fla.
- Steven Lundy of Hillsville, Va.
"Portfolios II" runs May 1 through 10 with an opening reception on Thursday, May 1 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Artists in "Portfolios II" are:
- Antonio Luoma of Framingham, Mass.
- Meghan Norman of Acworth, Ga.
- Yaw Odame of Asheville, N.C.
- Kendra Osbahr of Charleston
- Tyler Parmelee of Simpsonville
- Stephanie Piette of Irasburg, Vt.
- Caly Skelley of Myrtle Beach
- Brenda Stroud of Loris
- Tish Thompson of Goose Creek
- Emil VerMeulen of Conway
- Justin Wood of Valley Grove, W.Va.
Gallery hours are 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and Saturday, May 10, noon until 4 p.m. The gallery is located in the Edwards College of Humanities Building, room 128.
Gallery programs are supported in part by the Office of Student Activities and Leadership, the Coastal Educational Foundation, the Friends of Bryan Gallery and the South Carolina Arts Commission.
For more information call Cynthia Farnell, visiting director of the Bryan Gallery, at 843-234-3466.