Coastal Carolina University has contracted with The Coast RTA for shuttle transportation for students, faculty and staff for the 2008-2009 academic year. The following is a brief explanation of the routes and times:
Bronze Shuttle (University Place to Main Campus)
• The Bronze Shuttle will be by each stop every 15 minutes.
• Fall 2008 semester only: Saturday schedule includes stops at the Coastal Science Center until 3:45 p.m.
Teal Shuttle (Main Campus to Foundation Center/Band Building to Coastal Science Center)
• The Teal Shuttle will be by each stop every 15 minutes until 11a.m., then every 30 minutes.
• After 7 p.m., the Teal Shuttle will operate as an express shuttle from the Band Building and Coastal Science Center back to the Main Campus and University Place and will drop passengers off at these stops as requested. Last pick up at 10 p.m.
Black Shuttle (University Place to Foundation Center/Band Building to Coastal Science Center)
• The Black Shuttle will be by each stop every 40 minutes.
Gateway Shuttle (University Place to Main Campus to Gateway Plaza area of Conway
• The Gateway Shuttle will run on Wednesdays and Saturdays and will be by each stop every hour.
On home football game weekends, the shuttle will run on Sunday instead of Saturday (Sep. 7, Sep. 21, Oct. 5, Oct. 19, Oct. 26, Nov. 23)
The Gateway Plaza area of Conway contains restaurants, cinemas and shopping outlets.
The shuttle schedules with times can be found online at www.coastal.edu/students/shuttle. Currently, the schedules are posted only in spreadsheet format and will be updated with maps as soon as possible.
Welcome Week Shuttle schedule (Aug. 16 to Aug. 19) (University Place to Main Campus)
Saturday, Aug. 16: Noon to 11:30 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 17: 9 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 18: 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. (A shuttle to the Coastal Science Center will run 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.)
Tuesday, Aug. 19: 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the University shuttle system, e-mail email@example.com.