The Institute for Effective Teaching and Learning, a
education program for South Carolina K-12 public school teachers and
administrators, will be offered at Coastal Carolina University July 9
to 17. The institute will address topics critical to the improvement of
South Carolina's elementary, middle school and high school classrooms.
Ten courses will be offered in one-credit sessions over a four-day
period. The fee is $173 per two-day course for South Carolina
Developed by Coastal's Division of Extended Learning and Public
Services in collaboration with Coastal's College of Education, the
institute provides access to the latest research-based instructional
strategies, approaches and programs. The courses will be taught by
scholars and practitioners who are recognized for their achievements at
the state and national levels. Certified teachers and administrators
may earn one hour of graduate recertification credit for completing
each two-day course.
The courses offered include:
July 9 and 10, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Brain Compatible Learning and Training
- Standards-Based Teaching and Evaluation in Primary and
- Survival Spanish for School Teachers and Administrators
July 11 and 12, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Collaborative Learning and Conflict Resolution
- Meeting the Needs of ADHD Students: Introduction to Attention
- Ecology for Middle and High School Teachers
July 13 and 14, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Invitational Education: Creating a Climate of Success
- Conducting, Literature and Innovations in the Field:
Contemporary Methods and Materials for Wind Conductors
- Plant Science for Middle and High School Teachers
July 16 and 17, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Technology, Kodaly, Orff & National Standards: How Do I Fit It
For more information, contact Jennifer Shinaberger in Coastal's
Division of Extended Learning and Public Services at (843) 349-2737 or
visit www.coastal.edu/learn on the Internet.