Carolina University's Division of Extended Learning and
Public Services is partnering with Myrtle Beach-based Anywhere Web
Conferencing to offer eLearning opportunities to area businesses and
service organizations. eLearning provides training seminars, lectures,
workshops and courses over the Internet using two-way, real time audio
and video technology. Classes and presentations are directed to
specific targeted audiences or individuals no matter where they are
located as long as they have access to the Internet.
According to Peter Balsamo, dean of Coastal's Division of Extended
Learning and Public Services, this innovative new approach to
conferencing can save businesses enormous time, costs and logistical
The benefits of Web conferencing include:
- No travel, lodging, meals or inconvenience;
- High cost savings to reach highly targeted audiences;
- Flexible presentation schedules;
- Highly qualified speakers;
- Content specific to an organization's interests and needs;
- High sponsor visibility throughout the entire presentation.
Coastal also offers several other ways to use learning
technologies to save on time and travel costs including online
For more information, contact Balsamo at 349-2648 or visit
www.coastal.edu/learn/online on the Internet.