Coastal Carolina University's Alumni Association is seeking nominations for the 2010 Outstanding Alumni Award. The deadline for submitting nominations is Monday, Sept. 27.
Five alumni awards are presented annually, recognizing outstanding alumni from each of the four colleges (E. Craig Wall Sr. College of Business Administration, the College of Science, the Spadoni College of Education and the Thomas W. and Robin W. Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts) in addition to the Overall Outstanding Alumnus of the Year.
The nomination criteria and selection will be based on the following:
* Nominees must have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate course of study at Coastal Carolina University. If nominee attended prior to 1974, a two year degree is required.
* Must possess integrity and excellent character.
* Demonstrates loyalty to the ideals of Coastal Carolina University.
* Record of community/civic involvement.
* Special consideration will be given to a nominee who has overcome unusual adversity.
* Should be distinguished among his/her peers for constructive contributions made to society that demonstrate leadership, responsibility and expertise in his/her field.
* Promotes a positive image of Coastal Carolina University in his or her profession.
Winners will be announced during the Alumni Association's annual meeting on Oct. 23 at 3:30 p.m. in the Wall Auditorium.
The nomination form can be accessed at www.coastal.edu/alumni/alumnusawards.html.
For more information, contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 843-349-2586 or email@example.com.