Coastal Carolina University's Homecoming 2010, which is themed "CHANTober Fest," is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 18 through Saturday, Oct. 23. A block party featuring a battle of the bands, local vendors and announcement of the new homecoming court will be held Monday, Oct. 18 in downtown Conway.
The week will include a variety of activities, culminating with the Chanticleers taking on the Stony Brook Seawolves at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday at Brooks Stadium.
The following events are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated.
Monday, Oct. 18
* Block Party featuring battle of the bands, announcement of homecoming court, and local vendors, 6 to 9 p.m., 3rd Avenue in Conway.
Tuesday, Oct. 19
* Dash for Trash Community Service Event, 4 to 6 p.m., Spadoni Park. The event is free and open to students, faculty and staff, and required pre-registration of participating teams.
* SGA Date Auction, 7 p.m., Wall Auditorium. The event is free and open to students, faculty and staff.
* World Percussion Ensemble Concert, 7:30 p.m., Wheelwright Auditorium.
Wednesday, Oct. 20
* Talent Show, 7:30 p.m., Wheelwright Auditorium.
Thursday, Oct. 21
* Step Show featuring comedian Jay Dukes, 7 p.m., Wheelwright Auditorium. Admission is $2.
Friday, Oct. 22
* Chant Fest, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Prince Lawn. Event features inflatable games, carnival games and food.
* Pep Rally & Concert featuring national recording artist Eric Hutchinson, followed by a fireworks display, 7:30 p.m., Brooks Stadium parking lot.
* 7th Annual Alumni/Chanticleer Club Homecoming Golf Tournament at Quail Creek Golf Course. Open to alumni with noon registration and a 1 p.m. shot-gun start.
Saturday, Oct. 23 ~ Game Day
* President's 5K race, 7:30 a.m., start in front of the Student Recreation Center.
* Alumni Association Annual Meeting, 3:30 p.m., Wall Auditorium, all alumni are invited.
* Alumni Tailgate, 5 p.m., Atheneum Hall lawn.
* Most Spirited Student Tailgate, 3:30 p.m., beside and around the CINO Student Deck.
* Chanticleers vs. Seawolves, 7 p.m., Brooks Stadium. Tickets required.
For more information, contact the Office of Student Activities at 843-349-2301 or visit www.coastal.edu/osal/homecoming.html.