"Nutrition and Well-Being Week," a series of events promoting physical and mental health, is being held from Monday, Feb. 21 through Friday, Feb. 25 at Coastal Carolina University.
This year's theme is "Move It," and activities will encourage students, faculty and staff members to incorporate activities that promote healthy living into their daily lives. All events are free.
A schedule of events is as follows:
Monday, Feb. 21
* "Mirrorless Monday" Signs will be placed over mirrors around campus to minimize focus on the physical image.
* Be Comfortable in the "GENES" You're In Donate jeans to local charities throughout the week. Drop boxes will be distributed around campus.
Tuesday, Feb. 22
* Healthy-themed lunch 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Commons Dining Hall and UP Café.
* Take a walk, not a nap Campuswide walk begins at 4 p.m. in the Commons Courtyard.
* ZUMBA-thon "Party Heart-y" 6 p.m. in the Williams-Brice Recreation Center small gym.
Wednesday, Feb. 23
* Nutrition and Well-Being Fair 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Prince Lawn. The event will include a performance by the Coastalettes and Sly & the Funky Bunch. The event will also provide free food and games, as well as screening for eating disorders.
Thursday, Feb. 24
* Fitness classes will be held in the Williams-Brice Recreation Center, room 159. Classes include:
* Spin Express, 7 a.m.
* Spinning, 5:45 p.m.
* Boot Camp, 6:45 p.m.
* Abs, 7:30 p.m.
* Zumba, 8 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 25
* Flash Football 6 p.m. in Brooks Stadium. Teams must register by Feb. 23. All proceeds will benefit Habitat for Humanity.
CCU's Nutrition and Well-Being Coalition is hosting the events. For more information, contact Chris Donevant-Haines in Counseling Services at 843-349-2340.