Coastal Carolina University's 2011 Homecoming, themed "The Teal World: Coastal," kicks off on Monday, Oct. 17. The week features a variety of events designed to engage the campus and surrounding community, culminating with the football game against Gardner-Webb on Saturday, Oct. 22, at Brooks Stadium.
The schedule is as follows. All events, unless otherwise specified, are free and open to the public:
Monday, Oct. 17
* ChantFest – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Prince Lawn.
* 'Paint the Town Teal' completed – 5 p.m. in downtown Conway.
* Bonfire (Homecoming Court announced/Battle of the Bands) – 8 to 10 p.m. at the Woods Pavilion near the residence halls on campus.
Tuesday, Oct. 18
* World Percussion Concert – 7:30 p.m. in Wheelwright Auditorium; event is free but ticket is required.
Wednesday, Oct. 19
* Coastal Activities Board presents the annual Talent Show – 7 p.m. at Wheelwright Auditorium; event is free but ticket is required.
Thursday, Oct. 20
* Sustainability Event – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Prince Lawn
* Golf Cart Parade – 3 p.m. at Brooks Stadium.
* 'Paint the Town Teal' judged – 6:30 p.m. in downtown Conway.
* National Pan-Hellenic Council presents the annual Step Show – 7:30 in Wheelwright Auditorium; event is free but ticket is required.
Friday, Oct. 21
* Homecoming concert featuring recording artists Jeremih and Hellogoodbye – 7:15 p.m. at Prince Lawn.
Saturday, Oct. 22 – Homecoming Day
* Homecoming 5K – 7:30 a.m. at Williams-Brice; registration begins at 6:30 a.m.
* Most Spirited Tailgate – 3 to 5 p.m. at "Chantourage Alley" located in the parking lot next to Arcadia Hall off Chanticleer Boulevard West.
* Homecoming Game: Chanticleers vs. Runnin' Bulldogs – 7 p.m. at Brooks Stadium; ticket is required.
For more information, contact the Office of Student Activities and Leadership at 843-349-2301, or visit the homecoming website at www.coastal.edu/homecoming.