The Thomas W. and Robin W. Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts at Coastal Carolina University celebrates the 10-year anniversary of its naming and the opening of its current home on campus with the Decade Project, a series of events spanning the 2011-2012 academic year.
Each event will be hosted by a specific department within the college. Events are free and open to the public:
* "Social Landscape" – an art gallery reception, Thursday, Nov. 17, at 5 p.m. in Edwards Courtyard. Presented by the Department of Visual Arts.
* Charles Joyner Reading Room Dedication, Thursday, Dec. 1, at 4 p.m. in Edwards Room 202. Presented by the Department of History.
* "Freedom of Information: Access or Threat?" – a panel discussion, Monday, Jan. 26, 2012, at 7 p.m. in Edwards Recital Hall. Presented by the Department of Communication.
* "A 90-Minute Journey Through Major World Religions" – a panel discussion, Saturday, Feb. 18, at 2 p.m. in Edwards Black Box Theatre. Presented by the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies.
* "Spillane Sunday: A Multimedia Retrospective" – activities dedicated to author Mickey Spillane, Sunday, March 4, at 1 p.m. in Wall Auditorium. Presented by the Department of English.
* Ambassador Lino Gutierrez Lecture, Monday, March 19, at 4 p.m. in Edwards Recital Hall. Presented by the Department of World Languages and Cultures.
For more information regarding the Decade Project, visit www.coastal.edu/humanities/decadeproject.