||Courtney Elliton (right), recipient of the 2013 Ronald D. Lackey Service Award, with Marva Lackey, wife of the late CCU chaplain Ron Lackey
Courtney Elliton, from Huntingtown, Md., was presented with the Ronald D. Lackey Service Award. Named in honor of the late Coastal Carolina University professor and chaplain, the award is given annually to a senior who has served the University through involvement and leadership in campus organizations.
Awards for student leadership and organizational achievement were presented at CCU's annual Student Involvement and Leadership Awards ceremony, which honors students, professors and various student organizations for the 2012-2013 academic year. The list of winners also included:
Student Government Association Awards:
• SGA Legislation of the Year: George Paul, from Aynor, for "Minor Evaluations Added to Webadvisor"
• SGA Rising Senator of the Year: Eliana Padron from Conway
• SGA Chad Michael Beaty Senator of the Year: Dillon Ramsey from Myrtle Beach
• SGA Patricia Singleton-Young Student Advocate Award: CCU Provost Robert Sheehan
• Student Affairs Division Award: Jeff Stone, CCU Food Man
Greek Organization Awards
• Greek Organization of the Year: Pi Kappa Phi
• Greek Organization President of the Year: Amber Basiliko from Dunkirk, Md.
• Greek Organization Adviser of the Year: T'Mars McCallum, associate professor of information technology at Horry Georgetown Technical College
• Most Improved Greek Organization: Phi Gamma Delta
• Greek Leadership and Chapter Development: Alpha Delta Pi
• Greek Organization Outstanding Community Service: Pi Kappa Phi
• Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society Circle Leader of the Year: Christine Po from Loris.
• ODK Honor Society Undergraduate Leader of the Year: Eliana Padron from Conway
• ODK Honor Society Service Award: Lindsay Holt from Conway
• Greek Organization Philanthropy: Pi Kappa Phi.
• Outstanding Collaboration: Colleges Against Cancer and CCU Customs for "The First Ever Shawn Robert Ponton Memorial Car Show"
University Housing Awards
• Programmer of the Year: Tara Stoudt from Surfside Beach
• Resident Assistant of the Year: Clarissia Collins from North Charleston
• Desk Operations Assistant of the Year: Bethaney James from Columbia
• Student Assistant of the Year: Langley Stone from Asbury Park, N.J.
Other awards that were presented were:
• Teal Traditions Award: "Relay for Life"
• Outstanding Philanthropy: Colleges Against Cancer
• The Bell Tower Award (Program of the Year): Colleges Against Cancer and CCU Customs for "The First Ever Shawn Robert Ponton Memorial Car Show"
• Student Organization of the Year: Student Artist Society
• Student Organization President of the Year: Alyssa Yesalavich from Middlesex, N.J.
• Student Organization Community Service: Students Taking Active Responsibility (S.T.A.R.)
• Student Organization Adviser of the Year: Stephen Swieton, First Year Resident Engagement Coordinator
• S.N.A.P. Mentor of the Year: Keyanna Hampton from Kingstree
• New Student Organization of the Year: TOMS Campus Club
• Leadership Challenge Member of the Year: Tabitha James from Nichols
• Sports Club of the Year: Rugby Club
• Haven Hart Impact Award: Sarah Craig, from Hampton, N.J.
• Student Leader of the Year: Brantay Cohens from Georgetown
• Rising Leaders of the Year: Kaitlyn Bailey from Stephens City, Va., and Joseph Fleming from Scranton
• Unsung Hero: Chanler Hilley from Calhoun Falls
• Outstanding Community Service: Jake Eanes from Tega Cay
• Educational Program of the Year: TOMS Campus Club for "One Day Without Shoes"