Coastal Carolina University has been
ranked 12th in the
Baccalaureate II division of "America's Most Wired Colleges 2000," a
national survey conducted by Yahoo! Internet Life magazine and
Some 1,300 schools from all 50 states responded to the 52-part
questionnaire. The survey questions, based on input from college
students, parents and academic administrators, considered more than 40
factors for ranking. Survey criteria was divided into four general
categories: access and infrastructure, administrative services, general
resources and student support.
Some of the factors which account for Coastal's high ranking are:
- Percentage of campus computers connected to the Internet (95 percent)
- Percentage of residence hall rooms with network/Internet connections
- Unlimited free computer printing to students in campus computer labs
- Online access to class schedule and grades
- Capability for checking status of library books and initiating
interlibrary loans via the Internet
- Significant involvement of campus community in technology projects.
For more information about the survey, contact Dave Bryon of
Coastal's Office of Information Technology Services at 349-2032.