Twenty students were recently inducted into Coastal Carolina University's Alpha Pi Chapter of Alpha Sigma Lambda, an honor society for continuing students age 25 and older. The program, in its third year, is sponsored by the Office of the Provost and the Office of Interdisciplinary Studies at Coastal.
To be eligible for membership, students must be matriculated in an undergraduate degree program and have a minimum of 24 graded semester hours at Coastal. Members are selected only from the highest 10 percent of the class, and must have a grade point average of at least 3.2.
The following students were inducted into Coastal Alpha Pi Chapter of Alpha Sigma Lambda:
- Gary Neal Arthurs - interdisciplinary studies - Johnsonville
- Angela Rosati Barwick - interdisciplinary studies - Longs
- Lynn R. Bastian - management - Surfside Beach
- Joy Donna Couch - interdisciplinary studies - North Myrtle Beach
- Carol Hitz Doyle - interdisciplinary studies - Georgetown
- Alvina English - biology - Conway
- Lori Lynne Goodman - elementary education - Myrtle Beach
- Cara Denise Hacker - finance - Conway
- Patricia Ann Haselden - interdisciplinary studies - Conway
- Amy Patricia Horan - history - Conway
- Sonia Faye Jones - elementary education - Loris
- Cheryl C. Paul - interdisciplinary studies - Conway
- Lauren Jill Rosenberg - elementary education - Surfside Beach
- Stuart C. Smith - interdisciplinary studies - Myrtle Beach
- Lori Ann Stewart - computer science - Conway
- Tao Tong - accounting - Whiteville, NC
- Linda Weatherspoon - art - Myrtle Beach
- Wenshen Xiao - accounting - Myrtle Beach
- Staci Smith Willette - psychology - Myrtle Beach
- Bin Zheng - chemistry - Murrells Inlet
Elected officers for 2003-2004 are: Stuart C. Smith, president; Patricia Ann Haselden, vice president; Carol Hitz Doyle, secetary; and Lori Ann Stewart, treasurer.
Coastal alumna M. Robin Morris, a Conway attorney, was the keynote speaker for the induction ceremony.