Sixteen students have been inducted into Coastal Carolina University's Alpha Pi chapter of Alpha Sigma Lambda, an honor society for continuing students age 25 and older. The program, now in its sixth year, is sponsored by Coastal's Office of Interdisciplinary Studies.
To be eligible for membership, students must be matriculated in an undergraduate degree program and have a minimum of 24 graded semester hours at Coastal. Members are selected from the highest 10 percent of the class, and must have a grade point average of at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale. .
The following students were recently inducted into Coastal's Alpha Pi Chapter of Alpha Sigma Lambda:.
- Kimberly F. Bassett , psychology Myrtle Beach
- Angela C. Blouin, arts, North Myrtle Beach
- Keith A Easter, political science, Myrtle Beach
- Elizabeth W. Garrell, psychology, Surfside Beach
- Rhonda L. Grose, interdisciplinary studies, Surfside Beach
- Melinda Harrigan, political science, Pawleys Island
- Mack T. Hucks Jr. , computer science, Conway
- Randy L. Hughes, English, Myrtle Beach
- Dianne H. Jelinek, interdisciplinary studies, Myrtle Beach
- Joyce E. Kraus, psychology, Conway
- Shelly G. Lang, interdisciplinary studies, Murrells Inlet
- Mariana Levi, accounting, Myrtle Beach
- Wanda B. Lewis, management, Galivants Ferry
- Stephen W. Robertson, interdisciplinary studies, Conway
- Gail M. Smith, interdisciplinary studies, Surfside Beach
- Keith P. Wehrung, finance, Myrtle Beach
Joanne Morris, principal of Conway Elementary School, was the keynote speaker for the induction ceremony.