Five junior history students of Coastal Carolina University presented their research papers at the Carolinas Regional Conference at University of North Carolina at Wilmington.
Students were required to submit abstracts of research papers for consideration prior to the conference. They included:
- Cam Crawford of ??,"The Controversy Surrounding the 1954 South Carolina U.S. Senatorial Election."
- Adam Jones of Murrells Inlet, "Conflicting Liberties: The Anti-Slavery Movement in Revolutionary America"
- Danielle Threlkel-Cooper,of Murrells Inlet, "The Rise of Fascism in Weimar Germany"
- Elizabeth Van Dahm of Spartanburg, "Castle Pinckney, Charleston"
- Mica Pruitt of Myrtle Beach, "South Carolina Women and the American Revolution"