Work In Progress Construction updates.
» Pardon our progress on campus this summer
Sandy Williams, director of Facilities Planning and Management, outlines some of the summer projects taking place on campus.
• Student Recreation/Convocation Center construction continues.
• Bryan Information Commons construction continues.
• Hicks Dining Hall Expansion construction continues and should be completed by July.
• Woods Residence Hall renovations:
Cypress: duct system replacement, painting and flooring replacement on two floors
Maple: duct system replacement and painting
Oak: flooring replacement
• Quail Creek Golf Course greens reconstruction
• Complete construction in Wall 111, the Trading Room
• CCU Post Office renovation – two new offices are being added, along with new counters and additional post office boxes for student use.
• Wheelwright Sound Studio construction, with completion estimated for late June.
• Swain Science Building construction is estimated to begin in July.
• ITS server area renovation and HVAC upgrade – completion estimated by late summer.
• Williams-Brice Recreation Center indoor pool filter system upgrade – completion estimated for early June.
• New parking lot construction (500+ spaces) at front entrance – completion estimated for mid-August.
• Academic Classroom Building estimated to bid out in July, with construction estimated to begin late August.
• Greenhouse relocation project is just about complete (to accommodate front entrance parking lot).
• Athletic Training Room renovation continues, with completion estimated for late July or early August, depending on the delivery date of Instafit pool.
• Lib Jackson Student Center renovation – completion estimated for end of June or early July.
• Replaced two air handlers at the Coastal Science Center in May.
• Intramural Field lighting installation – completion estimated for mid-August.
• Prince Building lighting and occupancy sensor upgrade, estimated completion by end of June.
• Wall Building occupancy sensor upgrade – estimated completion end of August.
• Architectural selection process is either taking place or has just been completed for design of the following upcoming projects: Atheneum Hall renovation, Smith Science Building renovation, Student Center Annex construction, Baseball Complex improvements and Softball Complex improvements.
• Final construction documents are being completed for the Center Cooling Plant and the Public Safety Facility.