About U Message from the administration.
Feel the Teal: What you said...what we are doing
By President David A. DeCenzo
At a recent Feel the Teal meeting, faculty and staff were asked to submit feedback in response to questions about the initiative and our current service culture. This February’s Feel the Teal meeting shared that collective feedback, and areas that were mentioned more than others were reviewed and discussed. I would like to share "What you said," and address "What we are doing" in response. It is with such open communication that we will strengthen our culture and service strategies here at Coastal Carolina University.
What you said … What we are doing
You said … “CCU Service Basics training should be provided for everyone – faculty, staff and student workers.”
* Ten departments have already participated in the CCU Service Basics training program.
* For those yet to participate in the training, six upcoming sessions are available:
March 19, 9 to 11 a.m.; 2 to 4 p.m., Johnson Auditorium
April 2, 9 to 11 a.m.; 2 to 4 p.m., Johnson Auditorium
April 23, 9 to 11 a.m.; 2 to 4 p.m., Johnson Auditorium
Please sign up with Eileen Soisson, director of Service Excellence, at email@example.com or 843-349-2686.
* All new employees will participate in new employee training this fall that will include the CCU Service Basics as well as a brief history of the university.
* We are receiving positive responses from the training and look forward to hearing your feedback to the training and the program.
You said... “Customer service representatives or kiosks inside all major buildings/create instant messaging service/online university app/centralized welcome center”
* We are proud to announce that we are in the initial stage of our Concierge Program.
* April Sager has joined CCU to design and execute this program with the goal of establishing service areas to provide information and follow up.
You said… “Provide incentives and rewards to continuously improve outstanding customer service.”
* I agree! Various recognition program ideas are being discussed by the Feel the Teal Steering Committee as well as creative ideas with the Office of University Communication.
You said… “We need to maintain the pride and enthusiasm about our university – more teal on our campus!”
* We encourage all employees to embrace the school pride as this is part of Feel the Teal – from participating in school cultural events to wearing teal on Teal Tuesday!
* We are looking at our “teal level” on campus and, while everything can’t be the teal color we all love, we do have plans to include university pride throughout all we do here on campus.
You said… “Create an 'Ask the President' section on the website that allows readers to post questions.
* We are currently working on a Feel the Teal webpage design to include initiative archives, training resources and service successes. It would be my pleasure to hear from our external and internal customers about service issues that matter to them and their CCU experience on this page.
Thank you for all you to do to strengthen our service commitment here at Coastal Carolina University and sharing these questions and ideas!
David A. DeCenzo, President