New Student and Family Programs offers family orientation programming during all transfer and new student student orientations sessions. The family program is run concurrently with, but seperate from, the student schedule. During various presentations and programs, family members will learn more about all areas of their student's college experience.
Spending this time with us provides family members with a great opportunity to ask questions and truly understand Coastal Carolina University and their student’s college transition. Our family member programming is designed to be very informative, and we encourage all attendees to be present for the planned presentations and orientation events. Family members will receive a detailed schedule upon arrival.
The cost for family orientation is $20 per guest. This fee includes one meal, access to all sessions, and the program materials.
New Student Orientation Dates
Transfer Orientation Dates
Sessions are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once a session is at capacity, no more students will be able to register for it. Please do not make travel arrangements until you register for your session.
Your Student's Next Steps
- Register for their session online. Please note that your student must pay the $100 enrollment deposit before he/she can register for Orientation. The fee for New Student Orientation is $155 per student and for Transfer Orientation is $90 per student. The fee is $20 per family member and/or guest at both orientation sessions. A written confirmation will be mailed 7-10 business days after registration is received. Orientation Fees are non-refundable.
- Send their transcripts. Most academic departments begin working on students' class schedules prior to Orientation. In order to assure students are being placed in the correct courses, it is important that all final transcripts are received prior to Orientation.
- Financial Aid Information: Ensure Financial Aid is in order prior to Orientation by following these helpful steps: Financial Aid Checklist.
- Travel to Coastal for Orientation. Here are helpful directions and a campus map.
- Attend Orientation.
- Complete the New Student Checklist: After your student attends orientation, make sure he/she completes all the items on the New Student Checklist. If your student would like, he/she can get a head start on it now.