All transfer students who have earned more than 24 credit hours post-high school graduation are required to attend a one-day Transfer Orientation program on either July 10 or July 24.
While at Orientation, transfer students will receive their CINO Card, meet with representatives from their academic college, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, Student Life and many others. Students will also learn what it means to be a student at CCU, ways to get involved on campus, and traditions of the University. Transfer students will also have the opportunity to meet other transfer students who will be enrolling at Coastal, as well as current University students.
Sessions are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once a session is at capacity, no more students will be able to register for it. Please do not make travel arrangements until you register for your session.
Once you register for the one-day Transfer Orientation, you will receive a confirmation in the mail within a few weeks. Make sure you read the brochure in full. You may also contact your academic adviser and go ahead and register for your Fall 2017 classes. Failure to attend your in-person orientation will result in your class schedule being dropped. To determine your adviser, check here and scroll to your major.
We also recommend you get a jump start on learning about CCU by completing the online pre-orientation prior to attending your in-person orientation.
Check-in for Transfer Orientation will be in the HTC Student Recreation and Convocation Center beginning at 7:45 a.m. The HTC Center is number 38 on the campus map.
- Register for your session online. Please note that you must pay the $100 enrollment deposit before you can register for Orientation. The fee for Transfer Orientation is $90 per student and $20 per family member and/or guest. A written confirmation will be mailed 7-10 business days after registration is received. Orientation Fees are non-refundable.
- Contact your academic advisor and get registered for classes. After April 15 and once you have registerd for orientation, you may contact your academic advisor and get registered for classes. Failure to attend your scheduled orientation will result in your class schedule being dropped.
- Complete your online pre-orientation. An online pre-orientation has been created especially for transfer students. We recommend that you complete this pre-orientation prior to attending in-person orientation in order to get a jump start on your transition.
- Send your transcripts. Most academic departments begin working on students' class schedules prior to Orientation. In order to assure students are being placed in the correct courses, it is important that all final transcripts are received prior to Orientation.
- Financial Aid Information: Ensure Financial Aid is in order prior to Orientation by following these helpful steps: Financial Aid Checklist.
- Make sure you are ready for your Transfer Orientation. Read the confirmation which was mailed to you and watch this video for an overview of what to expect.
- Travel to Coastal for Transfer Orientation. Here are helpful directions and a campus map.
- Attend Orientation.
- Complete the New Student Checklist: After you attend New Student Orientation, make sure you complete all the items on the New Student Checklist. If you would like, you can get a head start on it now.