Community Ambassador Team
The Community Ambassador Team, formerly known as Community Liaisons, is a team of student leaders who care about connecting off campus students to their neighborhood and campus communities. CAT members are peer educators trained on a variety of resources available to students that reside off campus, whether they are living in the surrounding community or commuting from home. The goal of the CAT program is to promote a safe and cooperative community environment in the off campus neighborhoods and provide programming opportunities for students living off campus.
The Community Ambassador Team will work to plan and assist in programs that will help develop a sense of community and give off campus students the tools to make smart choices. They help improve the quality of life in the off campus community by bringing students together and giving them the opportunity to learn skills needs to succeed outside the classroom.
Community Ambassador Team Responsibilities:
- Be a resident of an off campus community with a high percentage of students
- Develop and implement programs to meet the needs of off campus students
- Plan at least one Commuter Breakfast, one Educational Session, and one other program each month
- Market services of Off Campus Student Services to the campus community
- Assist in presenting workshops
- Respond to student and parent phone calls regarding Off Campus Student Services
In return, benefits include:
- A stipend of $500 each semester
- Leadership skills
- Opportunity to develop programs and events
- Communication skills
- Learn to be a better neighbor
- Connect with administrators and off campus resources
- Civic engagement through participation in the Town Gown Committee
- Plenty of time to hold another leadership position and/or employment
Meet the Community Ambassador Team!
Ashley Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Brantay Cohens (email@example.com)