WELCOME to the Faculty Ombuds
CONFIDENTIAL * INFORMAL * IMPARTIAL * INDEPENDENT
Speaking with the Ombudsperson (or Ombuds) will increase your awareness of alternatives available to you for resolving work-related problems. Possibilities are tailored to fit your particular circumstances while taking into account any personal concerns you may express. The office enhances your ability to deal more effectively with situations on your own. We will listen to your concerns and help you identify options for successful resolution. The Office of the Faculty Ombuds engages in a variety of informal conflict resolution methods and adheres to International Ombudsman Association standards of practice .
The Faculty Ombuds is located at 107 Founders Drive in SANDS HALL (post office bldg.) Room 111. Please call 843-349-2403 if you wish to meet the ombuds or discuss a question or concern. Email is not a confidential form of communication. If you do email firstname.lastname@example.org, then please leave your name and phone number only. Your call will be returned to discuss your issue or to arrange for a meeting time.
When should an employee consult with the University Ombuds?
- When you have a problem or complaint and wish to talk informally through options with someone not directly involved.
- When you are not sure what to do or whom to talk with within the University community.
- When you want to know more about University policies and how to understand them.
- When you feel your problem has not been heard.
- When you want to learn ways of resolving conflict on your own