Welcome to Procurement Services! Whether you are a Coastal Carolina University employee, a member of the vendor community, or someone seeking general procurement information, the various pages linked to this site contain a multitude of information that will hopefully address your question.
As defined by the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. (NIGP), PROCUREMENT is defined as the “purchasing, renting, leasing, or otherwise acquiring any supplies, services, or construction; includes all functions that pertain to the acquisition, including description of requirements, selection and solicitation of sources, preparation and award of contract, and all phases of contract administration.” Procurement includes the “combined functions of purchasing, inventory control, traffic and transportation, receiving, inspection, storekeeping, salvage and disposal operations.”
In general, all expenses of the University, regardless of the budgetary source, are considered part of the procurement process and are subject to the provisions of the South Carolina Consolidated Procurement Code and Coastal Carolina University policies and procedures.
The Procurement Services staff is comprised of the director, a team of buyers, receiving manager, supply specialists and administrative support. Within this group are a unique blend of business and technical skills required to carry out the procurement process, including:
- assisting University departments with the development of specifications for required goods and services;
- providing acceptable terms and conditions for procurement actions;
- providing the interface with suppliers and vendors in matters of price, quality, delivery, and contract administration; and
- resolving legal and risk management issues, with the aid and direction of the offices of University Counsel and Risk Management, that may arise during various phases of the process.
Procurement Services will continually strive to increase its understanding of the needs of the customers, improve the communication with both customers and suppliers, seek ways to simplify processes and procedures, and obtain the best value possible with procured goods and services. Procurement seeks to establish and maintain relationships that exceed expectations. In doing so, comments, questions, suggestions and concerns are welcome at any time.
Procurement Services is affiliated with the following organizations:
- National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. (NIGP)
- SC Association of Governmental Purchasing Officials(SCAGPO)
- National Association of Educational Procurement (NAEP)
- National Association of Purchasing Card Professionals (NAPCP)
Location and Hours
642 Century Circle
Conway, SC 29526
P.O. Box 261954
Conway, SC 29528-6054
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.