Procurement Services provides an effective and efficient procurement process for quality goods and services and fosters a high standard of fair and honest treatment within the University, with vendors, and the public.
The objectives of Procurement Services include the following:
- to provide all the goods and services required for the University's operations at the time and place needed and in the proper quantity and quality;
- to secure such goods and services required at the lowest possible cost from responsive and responsible vendors;
- to provide economic delivery of purchased materials;
- to provide sound inventory management;
- to obtain the greatest possible revenue from the disposal of surplus, damaged, or obsolete materials and equipment;
- to insure and maintain compliance with the South Carolina Consolidated Procurement Code and University guidelines;
- to transact business with the utmost ethical standards as listed in the Code of Ethics.