Assessment Grants Program Proposal Format
The proposal should be prepared as a Word or PDF document and should be single spaced. The proposal should have one inch margins and not be smaller than 12-point Times New Roman font.
Sections of the Proposal
Proposals are to be organized using the following sections:
1. Proposal cover page (1 page), including:
a) Title of the project
b) Grant amount requested
c) Name(s) and title(s) of individuals submitting with email addresses
d) Name of institutional department, college, or adminsistrative unit
e) Indication if the grant will assess student learning, student development or administrative unit operations
f) Signatures of the chair, dean and/or adminsistrative supervisor
2. Project abstract (1 page)
3. Project literature review on assessment in the discipline or area (1-2 pages)
4. Project description with timeline (2 pages)
5. Budget timeline with all expenditures to be completed by December, 2015 (1 page)
The page limit for each section appears in parenthesis after the section heading above.
Details regarding the proposal area as follows:
- The project abstract (Section 2) must describe the assessment procedure that will be used to assess either the student learning outcome/s, student development outcomes, or adminsistrative unit objective/s.
- The project description (Section 4) must address:
a) The specific student learning outcome/s, student development outcome/s program objectives, or administrative objective/s being assessed.
b) A timeline for carrying out the grant project.
c) A description of the assessment you plan to use in your inquiry, how the data will be analyzed, and the anticipated change that will occur in the unit/s as a result of the assessment.
d) A description of how this project will impact the assessment efforts of the department, the college, or the administrative unit.