There are many opportunities for employment for CS, IS, and IT majors. Employment opportunities come in all forms such as full and part-time jobs, on-campus jobs, and internships.
- Please check the information board across from 160M (Mrs. Holody's office) for internship and job opportunities.
- For on-campus employment opportunities, go to www.coastal.edu/career and click on the Chants Joblink icon. Every semester, the Information Technology Services Department looks for student workers.
CSCI 497 INTERNSHIP
To apply for an internship through the Department of Computer Science at Coastal Carolina University, the following are required:
- Transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable)
- Letter of recommendation from a Computer Science faculty member
- Signed Worker's Compensation Statement
- Employer Agreement with Job Decription
Potential employers must also complete the following:
- Internship Employer Agreement (with an attachement of the full job description) - to be completed before you sign up for the credits for CSCI 497.
- Internship Student Evaluation - to be completed in order for you to receive a grade for CSCI 497 (Note: It is your responsibility to make sure this form is received by your advisor prior to the last day of the semester in which you have signed up for an internship. If not, a grade of I will be assigned for a period of 14 days. If the form is not received after that period of 14 days, the grade will turn to an "F".)
Students will be allowed to register for one to three credits of CSCI 497 when
- Minimum requirements are met:
- Junior Standing
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 in Computer Science courses
- Completion of CSCI 150 and CSCI 150L with a grade of C or better (or current enrollment and certification from instructor of a grade of B or better)
- The full application packet has been received and approved by the Internship Director or the Chair of the Department.
- The Internship Employer Agreement has been received and approved by the Internship Director or the Chair of the Department.
The following documents must be tuned in to the student's advisor and the Internship Director no later than the last day of the semester in which the student is enrolled in the internship:
- Student Journal (weekly journal entires required)
- Student's Evaluation of the Experience
- Supervisor's Evaluation
For more information please contact the Internship Director, Dr. Crystal Cox (email@example.com ), at 843.349.2144.