- Burroughs & Chapin Center for Marine and Wetland Studies
- Waccamaw Watershed Academy
- Environmental Quality Lab
- Anne Tilghman Boyce Coastal Reserve (Waties Island)
- Vessels (plus reservation link)
The School of Coastal and Marine Systems Science houses the Burroughs & Chapin Center for Marine and Wetland Studies and related graduate academic program. The mission of the School is to:
- Advance the understanding of the complex interconnected environmental processes within the coastal zone through basic and applied research.
- Train the next generation of coastal scientists to apply this knowledge to predict coastal environmental behavior and aid in addressing environmental issues important to society, and
- Communicate the best science available to help society effectively manage critical coastal natural resources and the economies dependent upon them.