Convertible Notebook Initiative (CNI)
Convertible Notebook Initiative (CNI) was established in 2006 to facilitate
learning and communication both inside and outside the classroom through
the unique collaborative features of the convertible notebook. The Convertible
Notebook Initiative suggests that incoming freshmen acquire a
convertible notebook. Listed below are specs of computers that come recommend by the University.
Click here for minimum requirements.
- All students enrolling in Computer
Science 130, 140 and 150 are required to have their own notebook
- Graphic Design majors are recommended to acquire
a MacBook or a MacBook Pro.
Dell Latitude XT Convertible
Microsoft® Windows® Vista Business Edition with One
- 1.2 GHz Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor
- 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM (2 x 1 GB SODIMM)
- 40GB 1.8" hard drive
- D-Bay CD-RW/DVD combo drive
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet adapter
- Integrated 802.11a/g WiFi wireless networking card
12" WXGA LED LCD with Rotating Hinge for Tablet
Notebook Value Service Plan -- 3 year parts, labor
Microsoft® Office 2007 (available from SCS;
click here for more information
Virus Protection Software (available from the University;
contact SCS )
Questions about Coastal's Convertible Notebook Initiative should be directed to Student
Computing Services at 843-349-2908. Questions can also be emailed to the Tech
Support Center via the Help Request Form.