Configuring Outlook 2003 for your Coastal Email account
Your email account, like many email accounts available on the Internet,
is accessible via an email application. By configuring an email application,
such as Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird, you can check, send, and/or update your email without having to
access WebMail. This allows faster and more reliable
access to your email as well as more filtering options and organizational capabilities. Below
are step by step instructions on configuring Outlook 2003 for your email account.
These steps will vary depending on your email application, but the configurations neccessary for you to access
your email account will stay the same.
If you have any issues setting up your email application please call the
Tech Support Center
NOTE: The instructions below are for Outlook 2003. If you are using an earlier or later
version of Outlook the steps you will take are similar.
- Open Outlook 2003
- Click the Tools menu, and select Email Accounts
- Select Add a new e-mail account, and click Next
- Choose IMAP as your server type by clicking the radio button, and click Next
- Fill in all neccesary fields with your information...
Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
Email Address: Enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Incoming mail server (IMAP): mail.coastal.edu
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.coastal.edu
User Name: Enter your username
Password: Enter your password
- Click Test Account Settings... After receiving Congratulations! All tests completed successfully, click Close
- Click Next, and then click Finish.