Student Technology FAQs
The following FAQs answers a variety of questions you may have regarding Coastal Carolina University's student computing and technology resources, wireless access, free antivirus software, and more.
1. How do I connect to the Internet?
2. How do I register a game console/printer/media streaming device?
3. What computer recommendations do you suggest for students at Coastal Carolina University?
4. May I purchase Microsoft Office through Coastal Carolina University?
Yes, however, keep in mind that the University offers Office 365 for all students, starting May 2017, which provides you a free download to install and use Office 2016 while you are a current student at the University.
5. Do I need Antivirus software?
Yes, it is required along with maintaining regular operating system updates on your computer. It is recommended that you use an anti-malware program. See below for free antivirus software, instructions and recommendations.
6. I am having problems logging into services, such as WebAdvisor, Moodle, and my email. What do I do?
First, reset your password »
If resetting your password does not fix the issue, please contact Student Computing Services Tech Support: online, email, in person in Kearns Hall 113, or call 843-349-2220, as you may need to have your devices scanned for possible viruses or malware.
7. How do I receive my new CCU Office 365 emails or apps on my telephone or other mobile device?
8. Where and how do I print on campus?
9. I have issues with my personal laptop. What do I do?
10. My computer is quarantined. What does that mean and what do I do?
When a computer has been quarantined, it is directed to a webpage alerting the user of: a virus infection/that it is being used by hackers or notification that files, software and/or other content is being illegally used or downloaded. This webpage provides directions the user must follow to be removed from quarantine. Contact Student Computing Services Tech Support: online, email, in person in Kearns Hall 113, or call 843-349-2220 for assistance in removing viruses, spyware, or inappropriate programs and/or files; and then, we will be able to request permission to restore network access back to your computer.
11. My technology concern or question is not listed. Can I contact Student Computing Services for assistance?
Yes, please contact us and we'll be glad to provide assistance with any of your student technology or computing needs. Contact Student Computing Services online, by email, in person in Kearns Hall 113, or call 843-349-2220. Please visit our Computing Labs page for detailed information regarding our hours of operation.