Technology for Parents
CCU Alert for Parents and Families
CCU Alert is a text messaging notification system available at no charge to all students (and their families), faculty and staff. In the event of an emergency, CCU Alert provides quick notification. Students must enter the mobile number and/or email of the parent/guardian to their CCU Alert account. For students to sign-up, click the icon at the right. Learn more about emergency notification for parents »
CCU Mobile is an app for your smart phone and tablet to help you stay connected to Coastal Carolina University. Install the app and get access to news and events, academic calendars, Family Weekend, library resources, and much more. For more information visit CCU Mobile.
CHANT411 is the contact for students, families, faculty, staff, and visitors who want a question answered or need assistance navigating the University system. You can access CHANT411 through a vast array of channels such as text messaging, telephone, email and social media. No matter how questions are asked, you can expect prompt, informative answers.
Software and Computers
- Visit our software page for more information about how to access Microsoft Office 2016 for your student.
- Antivirus software is required for all CCU students. The University provides students with a FREE download of Symantec Endpoint Protection. It is highly recommended that incoming freshmen and transfer students install this software prior to their arrival on campus. See the New Students link at the left for technology tips for your student before they arrive on campus.
- It is also recommended that students use anti-malware programs to detect and remove adware, spyware, and other forms of malware.
- Student Computing Services also provides computer recommendations. For computer purchases, Apple and Dell offer student discounts.
WebAdvisor for Parents
- Students have the ability to provide online authorization(s) for a parent, guardian or other person to access and receive email reminders about their financial account through a secure WebAdvisor portal. This service may ease the concerns of parents and/or others by providing access to their student's financial account while ensuring University compliance with regulatory student privacy guidelines. Learn more about FERPA at Coastal Carolina University.
- For information regarding how students provide authorization through WebAdvisor, visit the Office of Student Accounts.
- For login assistance, click here to receive an email with instructions or contact the ITS Service Center at 843-349-5000.