The Spirit of the Chanticleer Band Camp will occur August 11-15, with Colorguard and Percussion Precamp on August 9-10.
Residence Hall check-in will occur on the morning of your band camp report day after registration at Coastal Band Hall.
Click here for a printable Band Camp Schedule
Camp is vital to the preparation for the upcoming Coastal Football season. The pre-game, the first show, and much of the material used throughout the season are taught during camp. It is imperative that anyone wishing to be part of the performing roster of the Spirit of the Chanticleer attend camp. If you have a situation that might prevent you from attending camp, contact Spirit staff immediately. Only under extraordinary circumstances will a student be excused from band camp.
Here are answers to frequently asked questions about Full Band Camp:
- Band Camp is held on the campus of Coastal Carolina University.
- Residence Life/Dorm early move-in will occur on the morning of your band camp report day after registration at Coastal Band Hall.
- University Residence Halls are not officially open at the beginning of camp, but Spirit students may move in early through special arrangements made with the Band Office. There is no cost to the students for the early move-in. The CCU University Housing office works closely with the Band Office to ensure that everyone who is scheduled to live in a residence hall or University Place will have living quarters for camp. It may not be your permanent room assignment, but University Housing will provide housing, and then we will provide time and assistance in moving into your permanent location during Band Camp should that be necessary. If you intend to use the early move-in option, you must notify Judy Dow in the CCU Band Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-349-6480) .
- Band members are excused from Orientation activities scheduled during band camp. After Band Camp is over, Band members are expected to participate in all regular Orientation sessions.
- Band Camp begins promptly at 9am each day and concludes at 10pm. A break will be given for lunch and dinner (on your own).
- There is no storage area for holding furniture and personal items until permanent housing opens.
- Meals are not provided during any Band Camps. Students should budget for three meals a day throughout Band Camp.