Student Benevolence Fund
The Travis E. Overton and Jacob M. Rosiek Student Benevolence Fund supports enrolled Coastal Carolina University students who are in need of urgent, short-term, non-recurring funding to deal with a family-related crisis, personal hardship or an emergency.
To be eligible for consideration a student must be currently enrolled as a degree-seeking student of Coastal Carolina University (full- or part-time).
Consideration will be given only to applicants that have experienced an unforeseen family emergency and/or catastrophic event. Examples of generally-covered expenses include, but are not limited to:
• Travel costs related to a death or illness in the immediate family.
• Assistance with replacement of essential personal belongings due to fire, theft or natural disaster.
• Medications and other costs related to medical care that are not otherwise covered under the CCU Emergency Care Plan. To file a claim in Student Health Services using the $500 Emergency Care Plan, click here.
The Fund is not meant to replace non-essential expenses such as:
• Tuition, books, room and board, fees, health insurance, and study abroad costs.
• Parking tickets, fines or fees.
• Costs for entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel.
The Student Benevolence Fund will award a one-time maximum of up to $500 per student. The funding is not intended to replace or supplement existing financial aid and does not have to be repaid. However, the donor asks that recipients consider a future contribution to the fund to assist future Coastal Carolina students in need.
How to Apply
- The student completes and submits the Student Benevolence Fund request. The student should provide any supporting documentation applicable to his or her situation to give the review team the most information possible to make a rapid, informed decision.
- The Student Benevolence Fund review team will examine the request and make a determination in accordance with University policies and procedures and in compliance with federal, local and state regulations.
- The student will be notified no later than five (5) business days after submitting the request.
The Student Benevolence Fund is made possible through private donations. The number of students who can be helped depends on availability of funding. To make a donation:
• Visit Coastal Carolina University Office for Philanthropy.
• Select an amount (or specify an amount in the "Other" field).
• Select the "CCU Student Benevolence Fund" in the "Designation" drop-down menu.
• Complete the remainder of the form and submit when finished.