- A fully initiated member of a fraternity or sorority.
- A fraternity (Alumni) or sorority (Alumna) member who has graduated.
- Associate/New Member
- A member of a fraternity or sorority who has not been initiated.
- The pin of an initiated member.
- A formal invitation to join a fraternity or sorority.
- Big Bro/Big Sis
- An initiated member selected to mentor a new member.
- The verbal greeting members give each other.
- The locally chartered group at an institution that is part of the larger national organization.
- A group of Coastal Carolina University student who have been organized under the auspice of an (inter)national fraternity or sorority for the specific purpose of being established as one of its undergraduate chapters.
- The process of becoming an initiated member in NPHC and other culturally-based fraternities and sororities.
- FASE (Fraternity And Sorority Education)
- The umbrella program for all educational programming hosted by Fraternity and Sorority Life., consisting of annual speakers, monthly education sessions, Greek Leadership retreats, new member orientations, and on-demand Chapter programming.
- Students affiliated with a Greek letter, social fraternity or sorority as classified by Title IX.
Greek Board of Presidents
- A collaborative effort of the council and chapter presidents to advise, as well as assist with leadership, development and direction of policy, and general promotion of Fraternity and Sorority Life as to support the mission and needs of the community.
- Any type of action or activity undertaken by a group or organization or a member of that group or organization in which members or prospective members are subjected to activities which harass, intimidate, physically exhaust, impart pain, cause undue mental fatigue or mental distress, or which cause mutilation or alteration of the body or parts of the body
- An initiated member of a fraternity or sorority ("active").
- Interfraternity Council (IFC)
- The governing body of member fraternities whose (inter)national organizations typically belong to the North-American Interfraternity Conference (NIC). IFC chapters host Fraternity Recruitment at the beginning of each semester.
- Inter/national Fraternity or Sorority
- A fraternity or sorority holding membership in the North-American Interfraternity Conference, the National Panhellenic Conference, the National Pan-Hellenic Council, National Association for Latino Fraternal Organizations, or a fraternity/sorority that has inter/national status.
- The process through which new members are admitted to join NPHC and culturally-based fraternities and sororities.
- Someone who has a close relative in a fraternity or sorority.
- What a new member class is often called in culturally-based Greek letter organizations.
National Panhellenic Conference
- A collaborative association of sororities whose member organizations typically have multiple chapters. NPC is an organization established to foster inter-sorority relationships, to assist collegiate chapters of the NPC member groups, and to cooperate with colleges and universities in maintaining the highest scholastic and social standard.
National Pan-Hellenic Conference (NPHC)
- A collaborative association of the nine historically African American fraternities and sororities whose member organizations typically have multiple chapters. NPHC promotes interaction through forums, meetings and other mediums for the exchange of information and engages in cooperative programming and initiative through various activities and functions.
North American Interfraternity Conference (NIC)
- A collaborative association of fraternities whose member organizations typically have multiple chapters. The NIC advocates the needs of fraternities through enrichment of the Greek experience, advancement and growth of the fraternities and enhancement of the educational mission of the host institutions.
- Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life (OFSL)
- The department that is directly responsible for the professional advisement of all recognized Fraternities and Sororities at Coastal Carolina University, in addition to all governing councils and the Order of Omega. The office consists of the Coordinator of Fraternity and Sorority Life, as well as Stipend Student Coordinators.
- Office of Student Activities and Leadership (OSAL)
- The department of Coastal Carolina University that supports programs that encourage a sense of community through student involvement in clubs and organizations. Fraternity and Sorority Life is part of the Office of Student Activities and Leadership.
- Panhellenic Council
- The local governing body of NPC sororities. The Panhellenic Council consists of an executive board and delegates. The CCU Panhellenic Council coordinates joint activities, programming and support to member chapters, in addition to organizing the annual Fall Formal Recruitment.
|ALPHA (AL-fuh)||NU (NOO)|
|BETA (BAY-tuh)||XI (KS-EYE)|
|GAMMA (GAM-uh)||OMICRON (OM-i-KRON)|
|DELTA (DEL-tuh)||PI (PIE)|
|EPSILON (EP-sil-on)||RHO (ROW)|
|ZETA (ZAY-tuh)||SIGMA (SIG-muh)|
|ETA (AY-tuh)||TAU (TAU)|
|THETA (THAY-tuh)||UPSILON (OOP-si-LON)|
|IOTA (eye-OH-tuh)||PHI (FEE)|
|KAPPA (KAP-uh)||CHI (K-EYE)|
|LAMBDA (LAM-duh)||PSI (SIGH)|
|MU (MYOO)||OMEGA (oh-MAY-guh)|