The use of alternative transportation can help reduce parking demands, promote healthy lifestyles and help create a cleaner environment. At Coastal Carolina University, students, staff and faculty have the opportunity to use alternative transportation on-campus.
View the Teal Transportation flier.
Coastal Cycles Bicycle Program
Campus Recreation is offering free bicycle rental through the Coastal Cycles program. For more information, please visit the Coastal Cycles webpage or visit Campus Rec in the HTC Center on campus.
Coastal Carolina University's Coastal Cycles Program is a free bike sharing program for use by students, staff and faculty. The program helps to reduce parking demands, promote healthy lifestyles and help create a cleaner environment.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org / 843-349-5076
The Campus Shuttle is operated by Coastal Carolina University and offers free bus service for main campus, east campus and University Place. For all information, maps and schedules, please see the Campus Shuttle webpage. Also, don't forget to download the free "Ride Systems" app on your smart phone to see when and where the shuttles will arrive at your stop!
Contact Information: email@example.com / 843-349-2671
Zipcar, a carsharing program, is available at Coastal Carolina University with the following benefits:
- Reduces demand for on-campus parking; alleviates congestion
- A sustainable alternative transportation solution that reduces your carbon footprint
- Turnkey program includes everything you need, even gas and insurance
- Flexible programs for faculty and staff
- Simple online application and approval process
- Self-service access to cars 24/7
- Low hourly and daily rates include gas and insurance
- Reserve online or using your mobile device – in seconds
- Cars located right on campus
- Good for the environment
Follow Zipcar on Twitter @Zipcar
Like Zipcar on Facebook ZipcarU
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Located near Palmetto Hall, Coastal offers two electric vehicle (EV) charging stations for use for free by students, staff and faculty on campus. These stations were installed in cooperation with Santee Cooper and Plug-In Carolina.