Recycling at Coastal
Recycling is the cornerstone of sustainability at Coastal Carolina University. CCU takes recycling seriously and provides multiple opportunities to recycle throughout campus, in the residence halls and at on-campus events. Recycling continues to grow with the campus and departments are making strides to recycle more and take steps to reduce environmental impacts.
What can I recycle on campus?
- Mixed Paper - Newspaper, Magazines, Paper (shredded paper must be in clear bags), Junk Mail, Catalogs, Phone Books
- Cardboard - Corrugated Cardboard, Pizza Boxes, Snack Boxes, Cereal Boxes
- Plastic Bottles & Jugs
- Metal & Aluminum Cans
- Glass Bottles & Jars
- Empty Ink Cartridges (all sizes, brands, including toners)
- Used Batteries (alkaline, lead-acid)
- Techno Trash (used ink cartridges, computers, computer parts and accessories, cell phones, CD's, floppy disks, VHS tapes)
Where can I recycle in academic and administrative buildings?
- All of our campus buildings have recycling systems. The most common locations include lobbies, hallways, breakrooms, and copy/mail rooms. Outside of the buildings, we offer recycling along sidewalks, at the entrances to buildings and at all the main campus bus stops. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you can't find a recycling location.
How much does Coastal Carolina University recycle?
- 2010-2011: 195.42 tons
- 2011-2012: 492.92 tons
- 2012-2013: 1,309 tons
- 2013-2014: will be calculated after June 30, 2014
CCU's Donation Collection Request Form (employee login required)
Visit the Horry County Solid Waste Authority website for more information about recycling in Horry County.