facebook icon twitter youtube

CCU Student Green Fund

Purpose: To provide students with an opportunity to receive funding for sustainability projects and activities on campus that otherwise not be accomplished.

History: An initiative of two students in 2011 and supported by the Student Government Association and the TD Campus and Community Sustainability Initiative, the CCU Green Fund for Students was designed to support student-initiated sustainability projects.

Allocation: The majority, 85%, of the money would go directly back to students as grants for sustainability-related projects and travel, internships, and stipends and the remaining 15% would be used under the committee's discretion for projects like buying green power or energy-efficient upgrades.

Donate: The CCU Student Green Fund asks for voluntary donations of $5 (or more) per semester to support student green projects. You can donate to the Green Fund by visiting the Student Accounts office in the Everygreen Building or by logging onto Webadvisor, clicking on the "Students" link, then clicking on "Student Green Fund" under Student Accounts - Financial Services.

Application: Download the application here Green Fund Application and send it to the Sustainability Initiative office via email sustain@coastal.edu

CCU Student Green Fund Committee: The CCU Student Green Fund Committee is responsible for soliciting, reviewing, accepting, and funding all Green Fund proposals.  

For more information, please call (843) 349-5041 or email sustain@coastal.edu