2014 Campus Salvage
On-Campus Donation Collection - May 5-13, 2014 on-campus (look for the PODS around University Housing)
Salvage Sale - May 17, 2014 8am-10am *Due to the overwhelming popularity of this event, customers must line up to enter the sale and only a few will be allowed to enter at a time to prevent safety issues. Location - PODS Parking Lot, 370 Allied Drive, Conway
About the Program - At the end of the academic year, Sustain Coastal organizes and coordinates the Campus Salvage move-out program. Since its first effort in 2008, the program has evolved from grassroots dumpster diving into a well-known structured campaign. It's not just about saving items from the landfill, it's about collecting items to donate to local organizations and helping those in need in our community. The success of Campus Salvage depends on your donations!
During the last week in April, the Campus Salvage Program sets out PODS across campus to accept unwanted items from students, staff and faculty at the end of the school year. More than half of the items we collect are donated to local organizations in need. The rest is sold at a community sale to pay for the costs to place the PODS on campus and help provide funding to the CCU Student Green Fund.
To learn more or if your local organization needs donations, please call (843) 349-5041 or email email@example.com
Volunteer! We need students, staff and faculty to help at the collection points for Campus Salvage, May 5-13, 2014. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Street Reach – 4 boxes of cleaning products including brooms and mops
- Community Kitchen – 3 boxes of paper products including napkins, plates, cups, paper towels and dish soap
- Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach – 4 bags of blankets and towels and 2 boxes of laundry products
- Horry County Animal Care Center – 4 bags of blankets and towels
- Rahab Women’s Shelter – 10 bags of clothing, 15 shower caddies, unused sheet sets, and 2 boxes of bathroom cleaning products, including toilet paper and personal hygiene products
- North Strand Shelter – 8 bags of clothing and unused sheet sets
- Goodwill – 4 refridgerator size boxes of clothing and bedding
- Katie’s Project – 16 dresses, 15 pairs of shoes, purses and jewelry
- Fostering Hope - 8 bags of clothes, hangers, accessories and book bags
- Help 4 Kids - 4 boxes of school supplies
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore – several household items
- Horry County Council on Aging – several household items
- Community Kitchen
- CCU Food Bank
- Fostering Hope
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- Help 4 Kids
- Horry County Animal Care Center
- Horry County Council on Aging
- Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach
- Katie's Project
- Lowcountry Food Bank
- Rahab House
- Street Reach Myrtle Beach
If your organization would like to benefit from Campus Salvage, please call (843) 349-5041 or email email@example.com for details. At this time we only offer the following items for donation: clothing, bedding, non-perishable food, cleaning products, paper products and school supplies.