2013 Campus Salvage
On-Campus Donation Collection - May 6-13, 2013
Salvage Sale - May 18, 2013 8am-Noon *Due to the overwhelming popularity of this event, customers must line up to enter the sale and only a few will be allowed to enter at a time to prevent safety issues. - Location - TBD
At the end of the academic year, Sustain Coastal organizes and coordinates the Campus Salvage move-out program. Since its first effort in 2008, the program has evolved from grassroots dumpster diving into a well-known structured campaign. It's not just about saving items from the landfill, it's about collecting items to donate to local organizations and helping those in need in our community. The success of Campus Salvage depends on your donations!
During the last week in April, the Campus Salvage Program sets out PODS across campus to accept unwanted items from students, staff and facu+-lty at the end of the school year. More than half of the items we collect are donated to local organizations in need. The rest is sold at a community sale to pay for the costs to place the PODS on campus and help provide funding to the CCU Student Green Fund.
To learn more or if your local organization needs donations, please call (843) 349-5041 or email email@example.com
Thank you to all for supported the 2012 Campus Salvage Donation and Sale. We raised $2,173 for the Sustainability Initiative with 14 PODS full of donated items from college students.
2012 Donations to local community organizations included:
* 10 bags of clothing to Fostering Hope.
* One bag of dresses, shoes and hangers to Katie's Project.
* 10 bags of clothing to Mercy Hospice.
* 373 pounds of food to Lowcountry Food Bank.
* 100 pounds of cleaning supplies to Street Reach.
* Three bags of blankets to the Horry County Animal Shelter.
* 15 bags of blankets and towels to the Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach.
* Five boxes of school supplies and four bags of clothing to Help 4 Kids.
* 50 bags of clothing and bedding as well as four refrigerator-sized boxes of leftover items to Goodwill of Lower South Carolina.
- Clothing, Shoes & Accessories (100% donated to local charities)
- Purses & Bags
- Bedding & Blankets (no mattress pads or foam pads) (100% donated to local charities)
- Lamps & Home Decor
- Kitchenware, Plates, Utensils
- Electronics (working and non-working)
- Storage Containers, Plastic Shelving & Drawers
- Non-Perishable Food (100% donated to local charities)
- Cleaning Products, Laundry Products, Paper Towels (100% donated to local charities)
- Bicycles & Sporting Equipment
- ...and anything else you have!
- Fostering Hope
- Help 4 Kids
- Horry County Animal Care Center
- Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach
- Katie's Project
- Lowcountry Food Bank
- Mercy Care
- Street Reach Myrtle Beach
If your organization would like to benefit from Campus Salvage, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.